We're looking for a...
Web Development Team Lead
We're looking for a Web Development Team Lead to take care of our growing web development team here in Bangkok.
Since Appsynth builds a lot of mobile applications the majority of the web development team are Back End Developers (though we do have Front End and DevOps developers as well). As such, a depth of knowledge about how to design and build APIs is important for the Web Lead position. Experience building normal websites is key as well.
The Web Team, though not the largest team in Appsynth, has grown significantly in the last few months — and we need someone who can help shape and guide the team internally, as well as within the company as a whole, and be the main voice for web development.
This position is part production and part leadership — the successful candidate will be contributing code to active projects as well as leading the web team.
- Contribute to and oversee web development architecture for new and existing projects
- Lead, coach and mentor the web development team
- Research new technologies and ideas that could be benefit to the company
- Oversee technical development and contribute to development tasks on various projects
- Help lead web development hiring, including candidate review, technical interview, and hiring decisions
- Take part in web team quarterly and year-end performance reviews
- Perform monthly 1-on-1s with web development team
- Make staffing recommendations for projects with Project Management
- Support Business Development and PMs regarding web development
- Conduct code reviews with web developers
- Research, audit and adopt web technologies as required
What we need
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Experience managing or leading a team (or large project)
- Excellent knowledge of Node JS, ES6, SQL and/or NoSQL
- Solid knowledge of front end languages — HTML, CSS and client-side JS
- Experience developing RESTful APIs and architecting complex backend infrastructure
- Knowledgeable of industry standards (API design, coding standards, coding patterns, best practices, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of the back end ecosystem, including frameworks, tools, and testing
- Solid command line and git skills
Nice to haves
- Commercial coding or web agency experience
- Additional back end or programming languages — PHP, Golang, etc.
- DevOps or SRE experience — Linux, AWS, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with agile practices — scrum, kanban, etc.
Thai or foreign nationals accepted.
What you get
- Highly competitive salary
- Company Performance Bonus
- A bonus for introducing other people we hire
- A commission for referring any clients
- AIA health insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Optional English classes
- A great working space at CyberWorld Tower close to the MRT
- Variety in your work - be involved in a range of great projects
- Work with an amazing team, have fun, and contribute to something big
- Career growth and opportunities to learn new skill-sets outside of your day-to-day work
WHY CHOOSE APPSYNTH?
We’re the best at what we do
Appsynth is a multi-award winning agency, recently voted Best Large Studio in Asia at the App Design Awards 2015. We are striving to be the no.1 mobile agency in the region, building world-class apps for local and international clients. In addition to design and development we are also experts in app marketing and monetization, user engagement, and data-driven optimization. We’ve helped clients achieve huge success, achieving over 25 millions downloads with over a billion user sessions.
Talented team mates, challenging projects & amazing clients
We have a talented team of 30 people with expertise in everything mobile. We have worked with clients across 15 countries but some of our local clients this past year include LINE, 7-Eleven, True, PrimeTime, KTB Bank, Central Group (Casio), The Pizza Company, BTS Group (Carrot Rewards) and Banyan Tree. Join us to get to work on some huge apps with hundreds of thousands or even millions of users!
Grow your knowledge & develop your career
Our collaborative environment means regular sharing of knowledge and helping each other develop new skills, resulting in both personal and career growth. Join one of our 5 “Tribes” and learn about Product Innovation, UX Design, User Engagement, Analytics & Optimisation or New Technologies, with dedicated time provided every 2 week to learn about and develop these skills. Get insights and advice from external experts who come to give tech talks and provide training in new areas of interest to help broaden your experience.
Work hard, play hard
We reward your hard work with team lunches every sprint, a monthly office party with a fridge full of beers, other off-site activities & an annual company holiday to celebrate the year’s achievements.
CyberWorld Tower, 90 Ratchadaphisek Road (near Thailand Cultural Centre MRT).